In every Parkland community, residents are welcomed and cared for by a team of compassionate professionals. Within Parkland’s Supportive Lifestyle, the Enriched Care lifestyle option provides the highest level of comprehensive skilled professional nursing care for older adults requiring full support with activities of daily living such as eating, dressing, mobility and personal care. Parkland also provides professional and compassionate palliative care that is resident/family directed and based on leading evidence-based practice.
Enriched Care team members work closely with families to understand the evolving and unique care needs of each resident, providing professional care and comfort in a secure, home-like setting.
Beautifully designed, Parkland’s Enriched Care provides access to skilled personal support and licensed nursing staff, as well as the following services and amenities:
- 3 meals and nutritional snacks daily, prepared by our in-house culinary team
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Medication management and administration, ensuring residents have the right medications in the correct dosages at the proper times
- Beautifully designed and fully furnished private suites, fully accessible tubs, spacious washrooms with seated walk-in shower, an adjustable bed and specialized lifts for residents with limited mobility
- Secure neighbourhood design includes extra-wide hallways and same floor access to dining and common areas
- Specialized activities, social programming and wellness events through Parkland’s signature Harmony Wellness Program
- Individual care plans, ongoing health reviews and health record maintenance for each resident, overseen by Parkland’s clinical team
- Centrally located nursing station staffed 24/7 with professional, compassionate nursing services team members who provide daily support and personal care to residents
- Access to skilled nursing and healthcare professionals who are trained in medication and diabetes management, dementia care, wound care, oxygen administration, incontinence, ostomy care and more
- 24-hour monitored, interactive emergency response system with personal pendant and bed alarm included
Parkland team members consider personal preferences, dietary needs (e.g. gluten-free, diabetic, heart healthy, etc.) and favourite pastimes in an effort to make every resident feel at home.
Expert Care and Admissions
When a loved one requires a secure environment and full support with personal care, families can begin the process of exploring their options. This may include bringing equipment and professional care into their home, seeking an assessment for admission to a public (government licensed) long term care facility, or choosing a privately operated community with licensed healthcare professionals such as Parkland.
Parkland is a division of Shannex, an organization with 30+ years providing services and care to seniors in long term care and retirement community settings. At Parkland, families can rest assured knowing our communities are expertly designed and operated. Parkland’s internally managed standards and commitment to service excellence is consistent across all locations, including the role of our clinical team in ensuring resident needs are matched with the appropriate lifestyle option and supports.
Depending on where a resident chooses to live, there are slight variations to the admissions process, which is why it is always best to contact our team to discuss your situation and questions. Specifically in Ontario, Parkland is a member of the Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA) and licensed through the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA), requiring all new residents to complete a physician’s assessment and in-house health assessment prior to arrival. In Nova Scotia, an assessment by a family doctor or attending physician is encouraged, though families can work directly with our licensed clinical team members to determine if Enriched Care is a fit with the resident’s needs.
Learn how your monthly living costs compare to Parkland’s one monthly bill.