Resident & Family Liaison
As a resident or family member, you are our partner and a key stakeholder in our community. We recognize and value your input and feedback. Your voice and your ideas are central to our decision making and in the care and services we provide. By sharing ideas, fostering teamwork and including you at all levels of the organization – together we will create a community that you can be proud to call home.
Our commitment to you is that we will provide opportunities for you to be meaningfully engaged in life at Shannex / Parkland. Your input and involvement supports improvements to safety, satisfaction and the quality of care and services we offer to you. It’s about living your best life.
Every resident has the right to:
- Be actively involved with informed decision making and work collaboratively as an important partner with the interdisciplinary team towards agreed upon goals of care.
- Provide input and feedback on all services we provide.
- Be meaningfully engaged in life at Shannex / Parkland.
- Access all personal information about care and the associated cost.
- Access organizational information about quality and safety.
- Live in an environment that is free from verbal and physical abuse, intimidation, harassment and threats.
- Live in an environment that is safe.
- Communicate freely and express quality improvement ideas.
- Enjoy personal freedom.
Katherine VanBuskirk, Director of Communications and Community Affairs is the Resident and Family Liaison for Parkland communities. She is available to speak with any resident or family member to answer questions, address concerns and connect residents and families with support related to any aspect of care or service.
Great People Make Great Connections
Often, the impact our Great People have in the lives of residents and their families extends far beyond the exceptional service and care provided.
A hand to hold. A listening ear. A voice of encouragement on a hard day.
Our Great Connections program celebrates the strong relationships and meaningful experiences that make up our vibrant, warm and supportive Parkland communities.
We welcome you to tell us about your own Great Connection experience by sharing a message of recognition for our team members, some words of kindness or describing a special moment. Visit our Great Connections page to read our heartwarming stories about Great Connections or submit your own.