In every Parkland community, residents are welcomed and cared for by a team of compassionate professionals who value safety, independence and peace of mind. Within Parkland’s Supportive Lifestyle, Assisted Living is a uniquely designed option for older adults who require light to moderate assistance and/or supervision with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
What are ADLs? ADLs are tasks that, when managed well, enable individuals to remain safe and live independently without assistance. Basic ADLs can include things like walking within or outside the home, eating, dressing and grooming, using the washroom and bathing. Additional ADL’s can include preparing meals, transportation, housecleaning, home maintenance and medications. Over time, when one or more ADLs become difficult, a lifestyle option that offers a helping hand can ensure continued independence, happiness and quality of life.
Parkland’s Assisted Living lifestyle option addresses the need for light to moderate support. In addition to the benefits and amenities provided to those in our All-Inclusive Lifestyle, residents in Assisted Living enjoy the following added comfort and supports:
- 3 meals and nutritional snacks daily, prepared by our in-house culinary team
- Medication administration
- Full laundry and housekeeping services
- Spacious suites designed for wheelchair access, including washrooms with a walk-in shower and seat
- Neighbourhood design provides residents same-floor access to a dedicated dining room and common area
- Secure buildings equipped with door monitoring systems
- Beautifully maintained common spaces, inside and out, for gathering, walking and gardening
- Experienced team members who are trained in medication and diabetes management, as well as dementia care, wound care, oxygen administration, incontinence, ostomy care and more
- Specialized activities, social programming and excursions through Parkland’s Signature Harmony Wellness Program
- Transportation to and from any medical appointments arranged through our on-site chauffeur
- Resident have access to flexible packages including companion care, incontinence products, and more.
Our team members are committed to a smooth transition for every resident joining a Parkland Assisted Living community. Residents can make their suite their own by bringing their own furniture and decorations. For residents with special dietary requirements, our in-house culinary team will ensure options match their likes and needs (e.g. Gluten-free, diabetic, heart healthy, etc.).
Parkland provides Supportive Lifestyle services in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. While our internally managed standards and commitment to service excellence is consistent across all Parkland communities, there are variations to the admissions process depending on where a resident lives.
In New Brunswick, Parkland works in partnership with the New Brunswick Department of Social Development as a licensed private Special Care provider. An assessment is required for all admissions to Special Care licensed communities, and can be requested through the Department of Social Development (call 1-833-733-7835, option 3, or by visiting Social Supports NB for more information). In Ontario, Parkland is a member of the Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA) and licensed through the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA). All Ontarians require a physician’s assessment and in-house health assessment prior to moving in. In Ontario, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, members of our clinical team play a vital role in ensuring resident needs are matched with the appropriate lifestyle option and supports.
If you or a loved one is considering Assisted Living or Special Care, reach out to a member of our team. We would be happy to guide you through the process and answer your questions along the way.
Available at Parkland Fredericton, Parkland in the Valley, Parkland Riverview, Parkland Saint John, Parkland at the Lakes, Parkland at the Gardens, Parkland Clayton Park, Parkland West Bedford, Parkland Truro, Parkland Cape Breton, Parkland on the Glen, Parkland on Eglinton West, Parkland Ajax, Parkland Ancaster (coming soon), Faubourg du Mascaret, Parkland at the Common, Parkland at Bedford Square, and Parkland Antigonish.
Learn how your monthly living costs compare to Parkland’s one monthly bill.