Careers at Parkland
More than a place to work
While every Parkland community is unique, reflecting both residents and team members, the feeling and the experience is one that can be recognized across communities in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Inside, you’ll find an environment that reflects a shared sense of pride and purpose from those who live and work inside. For Parkland team members, coming to work every day generates a feeling of anticipation, excitement and confidence knowing they’re going to make a difference.
Inspired to give our best
We are committed to resident-directed service and care in our safe, active, social and supportive atmosphere. Parkland is a community of people committed to helping residents live their best life. Great people are the spirit of our organization and the foundation of our success, which is why we look for individuals who are committed to service excellence.
Parkland is a positive, inclusive, and productive workplace where you can thrive, grow and contribute. We are committed to welcoming the best and the brightest—if this sounds like a place for you, consider a career in one of our communities across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario.
Exciting career opportunities in
- Clinical (RNs, PSWs, LPNs, Health Services Managers)
- Food Services (Chefs, Sous Chefs, Wait staff, Cooks and Food and Beverage Managers)
- Administration (Receptionists, Concierges and Office Coordinators)
- Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Management (Sales, Marketing, Finance, IT, HR, Business Intelligence)
- Recreation (Music Therapists, Wellness Coaches, Recreation Managers)
Where service comes first
For the past two years, Executive Chef Craig has been making culinary creations for Parkland residents. With over 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry, Craig enjoys creating meals for his “repeat customers” each day and continues to learn from them each day.
As an Executive Chef at Parkland, Craig discovered the secret ingredient for any star-rated kitchen: fun and flexibility. His favourite part about the job is connecting with residents and hearing feedback on a daily basis. “When I’m finished for the day and heading home, residents will thank me for the wonderful dinner or dessert,” he says. “Getting told every day about how much they enjoy the food makes it easy to come back.”
Parkland's many perks
- Competitive compensation
- Extended benefits program
- Employer matched retirement savings options
- Employee and family assistance program
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Perks discount program
- Training and Development Programs
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation
- Unlimited storytelling and friendships
The impact of care and compassion
Licensed Practical Nurse, Donna comes to work each day looking forward to what the day will hold. Inspired by the residents and the connections she has made with them over the past five years, she goes the extra mile to make a positive impact on their lives.
“I love the connection you can have with residents,” says Donna. “It makes waking up and going to work, not feel like work. It feels like you’re just coming to hang out with family and friends,” she adds.
“I feel I make a difference for the residents every day, whether it’s something small, like wrapping them in a warm blanket, or giving them a hug,” says Donna. “We always have their best interest at heart. A small difference can go a long way,” she adds.