Caritas Residence is a retirement living home overlooking the beautiful Bedford Basin in Halifax, Nova Scotia. In partnership with the Sisters of Charity, Caritas was built to provide comfortable and peaceful retirement living accommodations for members of the Sisters of Charity congregation and is now home to seniors in the community.
Lifestyle options available at this location
Campus & Team
Caritas is a 101-suite Retirement Living Residence built in 2008 for the Sisters of Charity. Today Caritas provides a quiet, comfortable home for a community of approximately one hundred women, including the Sisters of Charity and individuals from the community at large.
Exclusive services and amenities
- All utilities and communications services (telephone, internet and basic cable) included
- Weekly housekeeping
- Planned wellness and social activities
- Onsite wellness coach to assist with wellness goals
- Towel and linen laundry service
- Front desk concierge service
- The Immaculate Conception Chapel
- Queen of Peace Chapel
- Elizabeth Seton Terrace (mezzanine level)
- St. Vincent dePaul Heritage Gallery
- Marillac Library
- Hair salon
- Activity room
- Exercise room
- Dining room
- Various seating areas
- Gardens, paved walking paths, gazebo
- Secure community with 24 hour staffing for peace of mind
- 24 hour monitored, interactive personal emergency response system
- State-of-the-art fire alarm and sprinkler system, with in-suite smoke detectors
Safety & Security
- Support handrails in elevators and hallways
- Generator for full backup emergency power
- Smoke-free environment
Events and Activities
With the picturesque Bedford Basin just across the street, the views from Caritas are exceptional. The campus is appointed with beautiful walking trails, elegant gardens and lovely areas to just sit and relax, read a book or enjoy a conversation with friends and neighbours.
Caritas’ Heritage Garden has a Parks Canada designation and the grounds feature a fruit tree orchard, gazebo seating area and paved walking paths. The building was designed with a great deal of thought and includes modern conveniences as well as beautiful stained glass pieces from the former Mount Saint Vincent Motherhouse.