Parkland on the River
Retirement living in Miramichi, New Brunswick.
Limited time offer: two for the price of one!*
Located in Douglastown, along the King George Highway, this 53-suite community features the world-famous Miramichi River as its backdrop. Residents of Parkland on the River enjoy their own modern, private suite in a community designed for carefree and enjoyable living.
Live Your Best Life
At Parkland, home is where we gather for morning tea, dine with friends and do more of what we love. With shuttle service, daily social programming, Parkland offers carefree living with peace of mind. If you or a loved one is thinking about a retirement community with beautiful spaces and exceptional service, come and see for yourself!
*Sign a new lease at Parkland on the River, and we'll wave the second occupant fee. Terms and conditions apply.
Campus & Team
Parkland on the River will offer 53 All-Inclusive Lifestyle suites. Additionally, there is an 81-bed licensed nursing home on the same campus connected to by a pedway.
Exclusive services and amenities
- Weekly housekeeping
- Wi-Fi High Speed Internet
- Towel and linen laundry service
- Front desk concierge service
- Courtesy shuttle service
- Postal service on-site
- Pets welcome
- Elegant dining room
- Private dining room available for special occasions
- Entertainment lounge
- Pool table, fitness centre, shuffle board
- Wellness centre and spa
- Individualized parking
- Fully accessible common areas
- Outdoor recreation areas
- Beautifully landscaped grounds with walking paths
- Flower gardens and gazebo
Safety & Security
- Secure community with 24 hour staffing for peace of mind
- 24 hour monitored, interactive personal emergency response system
- State-of-the-art fire alarm and sprinkler system, with-in suite smoke detectors
- Support handrails in elevators and hallways
- Air Conditioning
- Generator for full backup emergency power
- Smoke-free environment
Events and Activities
Live your best life with Parkland Live, featuring exclusive information and content focused on health, wellness and lifestyle.
Sessions will feature a new guest speaker and topic every month. Sign up below to receive details on each session and exclusive content!
To book a personalized tour, contact Brooke at 506-778-7275
The landscape of Miramichi provides plenty for seniors to do all-year round:
- Enjoy a riverboat tour in the summer, take a stroll through Blackville Outdoor Park, or attend a dance at one of the many local community centres.
- Take on a friend in a round of golf at the Tabusintac Regional Golf Club, or spend a day shopping in the Chatham or Newcastle Business District, Northumberland Plaza or the Chatham shopping centre.
- The quaint community of Miramichi offers something for everyone and plenty of opportunities to be active and well.