Resident Recipe: Norma Jean’s Lemon Tarts
Norma Jean is a Parkland resident and an avid baker. She often brings baked goodies to coffee breaks to share with residents and team members and they’re always a big hit so we’re sharing some of her recipes with you.
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package of Sheriffs lemon pie filling
- 1/3 cup of water (cold)
- 2 eggs (yolk only)
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Step 1: Place lemon pie fill, 1/3 cup of cold water and 2 eggs in a bowl and whip together
- Step 2: Place mixture in a medium pot and cook until bubbly and thick, stirring constantly
- Step 3: Add 1 tbsp of butter and 2 cups of boiling water, mix well and set aside to cool.
If you prefer a whipped or fluffier tart filling:
- Step 1: Whip together 2 packages of dream whip
- Step 2: Once your lemon filling is cool, add 2 cups of pre-whipped dream whip to filling
- Step 3: Leave some to add a dollop to the top of your lemon tarts
Note from Norma Jean: You can either buy pre-made tarte and pie shells or make your own. Enjoy!