For more COVID-19 updates, scroll down to the Latest Updates section.
Parkland continues to be focused on implementing our pandemic plan, which is the result of expert contributions from all provinces where we operate. We took early concrete steps to protect our communities, but we understand the situation is evolving daily. Our team meets daily to access and continue to ensure the safety of our communities.
See below for important information about steps we are taking in our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is updated regularly and if you are searching for information not found here, do not hesitate to contact us. Details about how to connect with us and receive updates are included below.
- Visitor Restrictions: Our licensed retirement homes in Ontario are closed to general visitors, with the exception for essential visitors in compliance with the applicable provincial guidelines. For more information on the status of visitors and any restrictions in our retirement communities in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, please contact a member of the management team for your community. Contact information for our communities can be found here.
- Employee Screening Protocol Updated: All Parkland team members participate in screening protocols before entering the workplace. These are consistent with directives issued by provincial public health bodies. This includes temperature checks of employees upon arrival for their scheduled shifts and employees are required enter their location via a designated entry point.
- Staying Active and Connected: Keeping active is important: we are encouraging residents to continue walking and staying physically active while also respecting physical distancing principles. Staying connected with loved ones is very important, especially during uncertain times. All communities have programs in place to help families connect with loved ones through video calls, telephone calls, email or deliveries.
- Deliveries: As part of our evolving response, we monitor and control deliveries closely to ensure we are following best infection control practices and protecting residents and team members. For details about how to arrange a delivery at your location, please contact a member of the management team.
- Dining: Dining rooms and meal service have been adapted to ensure physical distancing standards.
- Supplies: Our procurement team has secured additional medical and operational supplies at all locations.
- Food: Culinary teams have increased food supply at each location to ensure a month’s worth of food in case of delayed deliveries.
- Cleaning: Increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols continue.
- Site Communications Updates: Each community is sending regular site communications updates to residents and families. If you are not currently receiving these messages, please contact your community directly to be added to their email distribution list.
Information line: 1-877-541-0835
- January 13, 2021 – COVID-19 Community Report: New Brunswick as of January 13, 1:30 p.m.
- January 12, 2020 – COVID-19 Community Report: Ontario as of January 12, 6:00 p.m.
- December 26, 2020 – COVID-19 Community Report: Nova Scotia as of December 26, 1:00 p.m.
- November 23, 2020 – Active High Alert Areas – Updated November 23, 2020
- November 20, 2020 – Active High Alert Areas – Updated November 20, 2020
- November 20, 2020 – Second Wave Response: High Alert Areas
- November 19, 2020 – A message to our valued community
- October 21, 2020 – COVID-19 Lessons Learned
- September 23, 2020 – Designated Support Persons
Information for Residents and Families
- Keeping Residents Engaged
- FAQ – General information about COVID-19
- FAQ – I have a loved one in a Shannex Long Term Care community
- FAQ – I have a loved one in a Parkland Retirement Living / Lifestyle Residences Community
CLICK HERE to easily contact a specific Parkland community.
For reliable information about COVID-19, we recommend the following: