Enjoy this deliciously rich chocolate cake recipe, compliments of Bouchaib Daouine, Executive Chef at Faubourg du Mascaret.
1 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 tablespoon vegetables oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
4 teaspoons vanilla extra
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup roughly chopped chocolate
- Preheat the oven at 350 f then line baking trey with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl combine melted butter, oil and both sugars.
- Add the egg, vanilla and salt then whisk for about one minute until evenly combine and light in colour.
- Over the same bowl sift in the flour and cocoa powder, gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in half of the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the butter into the prepared pan, then smooth the top, with remaining chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 35- to 40 minutes, or until the centre of the chocolate cake is firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool enjoy
- Add whipped cream and blueberries to taste