Parkland’s Pandemic Response: Keeping our residences safe
In January 2020, our organization activated its Pandemic Response Team in response to the emerging COVID-19 virus making entry into Canada. This team began the process of reviewing and actioning the organization’s pandemic plan across all our residences in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Ontario.
Your safety is our priority. We have robust and strictly enforced infection prevention and control procedures for the safety of those living in, visiting, or working within our communities.
Industry Leadership – Pandemic Response Team
Our Pandemic Response Team is made up of a variety of specialists who are committed to sourcing relevant information to protect our communities:
- We have our own in-house Infection Prevention and Control Specialist who monitors risks for the organization and mandates best practices to prevent the spread of infection.
- We have a partnership with a Chief Medical Advisor who connects us with Medical Officers of Health ensuring we have the latest information on best practice and emerging trends.
- Our in-house Occupational Health Team is enacted to conduct efficient employee contact tracing, in addition to any tracing completed by the Department of Health. Additionally, our Corporate Clinical Teams are responsible for any resident contact tracing.
- Our own Business Intelligence and Analytics Team is responsible for ensuring we are on top of current research and industry trends, bench-marking our success against industry leaders.
- Our Procurement Manager consistently monitors supplies to ensure we are ahead of any potential shortages to explore other avenues for procurement.
Your Safety, Health and Well-being
The comprehensive health and well-being of our residents and team members is of the utmost importance.
- We will adopt a strict interpretation of public health directives to protect the most vulnerable among us and our essential services team members.
- When directives or guidelines conflict with each other or our own, we go with the most stringent. When in doubt, we err on the side of caution.
- Nonetheless, we must balance the risk of transmission of any infection with the risk of the cognitive, emotional and physical toll of pandemic restrictions on our residents.
Proactive, Evidence-based and Adaptable
We recognize that evidence-based information continues to evolve rapidly. As such, we rely on the best available evidence from public health authorities, emerging research evidence, and experiential evidence from our over 30-year history of providing care to residents.
We strive to be ahead of the curve on decisions and planning that best serves our residents and team members. Actions to protect residents will be adapted based on the current pandemic status. They will include:
- Visitor restrictions
- Symptom/risk screening
- Physical distancing
- Use of personal protective equipment
If you have questions on how we are keeping our communities safe, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Available at select campuses